Prayer May 2017
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
Thank you for continuing to join us as we pray for students, staff and life here in IBI. As we head into the summer months, would you keep the following matters before the Lord in prayer?
- Tomorrow (18th May), we are taking a day away from IBI as a staff team to reflect, pray and build relationship together. Please pray for us as we take this valuable time out together.
- We are still without tenants for our rental space, which is causing us a financial loss month by month. There are a few interested parties, so please pray that one of these will decide to lease the space as soon as possible. It has been vacant now for almost a year.
- In light of that, along with an unexpected bill to fix our air conditioning unit during the winter, we are anticipating a €60,000 deficit in our end of year budget at the end of July. We are currently appealing to supporters to give an additional once-off gift – please pray that the Lord will prompt people to give generously to bridge this gap.
- Please pray for our students – the year is over now but our third years and MA students are still working at submitting assignments and dissertations. In addition, teachers are under pressure with marking deadlines, which creates its own stress.
- Please also pray for us as we look to recruit students for next September.
As well as praying, we have so much to praise God for – we have had a very successful year and a wonderful group of students who are having their lives transformed by being here – it is a real blessing to all of us on the staff, as well as to the students themselves.