Dates: Monday, May 15th 2017-Saturday, May 20th 2017
You are invited to IBI in Dublin in May 2017 for an exciting Conference.
We have a full and interesting programme planned for you and hope that you can join us.
Ireland is known as the land of saints and scholars because of the golden era of the Celtic church and, as Thomas Cahill claims, the Irish also saved civilization. IBI is inviting you to come and learn about the early church in Ireland and how the present day Evangelical church which IBI serves is following in that tradition by making Christ known.
It is our intention that there will be some teaching in IBI each morning, largely around Irish Church history, followed by the opportunity to visit graduates in their ministry situation and also some cultural trips around Dublin and the surrounding area in the afternoons. Our plan is to make this week as interesting and informative as we can, whilst still allowing space for you to relax and enjoy the experience.
We understand that some will also wish to holiday in Ireland and/or Europe before or after the conference week. We encourage this as there is a huge amount to enjoy. Our expectation is that you are present at IBI by 10:30 a.m. on Monday morning, May 15th and the conference will end at 6.00 p.m. on Saturday May 20th. If you plan to arrive at Dublin Airport on Monday morning, May 15th, we will arrange to meet you and direct you towards IBI or your hotel.
- To learn more about the history, culture and context of the Irish Church
- To be more informed about Ireland and IBI and to pray effectively
- To spend time in IBI, engage with some students, past students and staff
- To prayerfully engage with past students in their ministry contexts
What does it look like?
- Mornings – Teaching and sharing by IBI staff, students, and past students followed by prayer
- Afternoons – Ministry site visits, along with some historical/cultural tours
- Evening – dinner together followed by fellowship and special events
- Some free time will be planned into the schedule
Cost – €500 per person, to include:
- Lunch and dinner each day
- Entrance fees on trips
- Transport for any group outings
- Accommodation (Please click here for some options of hotels that are in the vicinity of IBI)
- Transport to and from the airport