Who can study on the MA?
There are 2 entry routes to this programme:
For entry to the programme you need to be involved in some aspect of professional/Christian ministry*.
For direct entry to the MA you need to have achieved one of the following qualifications:
- a first honours degree (single or joint) at 2.2 or above (2.1 preferred) or a
Graduate/Postgraduate Diploma in Theology and/or Religious Studies or a closely related subject;
- a Postgraduate Award or first class honours in another Humanities subject;
- a first degree, and at least the equivalent of a Certificate of Higher Education in Theology and/or Religious Studies.
Entry as an associate student status
- This access route is open to you if you meet one or both of the following requirements:
you have obtained a first degree in a subject other than Theology and/or Religious Studies at 2.2 honours or above;
- you can demonstrate sufficient ministerial, professional or vocational experience to indicate that you have the ability to study at postgraduate level.You must have at least two years of significant and relevant professional/Christian ministry* experience (evidenced by referees).
If you enter via this route you will be required to demonstrate that you are able to work at M level by successfully completing a module as an associate student. After completing and passing the module you can enrol for the full MA programme and transfer the credits.
*Relevant professional/Christian ministry experience means significant involvement in the broad area of Christian ministry (either paid or lay) or some specific professional practice that demands aspects of theological input/reflection.
Recognition of other studies
If you have studied other modules at M level you can talk with the Programme Director about the possibility of credit transfer.
(York St John University regulations will apply to this process.)
Due to recent changes in the regulations, IBI is no longer in a position to accept applications from those who require a student visa to study in Ireland.
Non-native speakers of English must have an IELTS certificate or equivalent with a minimum score of 6.0. You will also be required to demonstrate the equivalence of any qualifications to UK/Irish standards.
Applying for the MA
The formal application process is as follows:
Send the completed form (with one passport-size photo and a non-refundable application fee of €50 to:
Irish Bible Institute,
22-24 Foley Street,
If you are applying for entry via the direct entry route please enclose copies (not originals) of your degree certificate(s).
The next steps
After we receive your application form, we will:
- ensure that it is completed
- consult with your referees
- invite you to an interview with a member of the MA team
For further details about any aspect of the MA please contact:
Steven Singleton, MA Programme Director
For further details in relation to the application process or fees please contact:
the Academic Administrator.
MA fees 2016–17
|Fees 2016 -17: YSJU/MA||Full-time (2 Academic years)||Part-time (3 Academic years)|
|MA Modules each||For Audit €350|
|MA Modules each||With Assessment €500|